Long time no update....

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

So, uhm... yeah....  I'm so bad at this.  Well, not bad, just kinda don't have the time; or I've been too tired to make the time for blog updates.  Same excuse I've had all year...

Part of me says I shut this blog down but I don't wanna.  I love my blog, no matter how neglectful I've been posting updates.

Part of the issue is.... there's nothing to update. The day job has been bonkers this year -- 80% above target -- and I've easily been working 10 to 14hrs days, many weeks 6 days/week -- so there's really not been that much time to write... 

yeah, yeah, yeah, you've heard this all before, but it's the truth.

Anywho, things have slowed some this last month and *hopefully* will remain at a slower pace for the next few months, so *hopefully* some writing will get done.  Also I have this week off (which I desperately needed because I was/am perilously close to burn-out) so I *plan* to get some writing done!

In the long-term, instead of letting the blog go dormant when things get too busy at work, I think I might resort to something I used to do in the early days of this blog and talk books/writing craft.  Nothing official!  Given my work schedule/ work load, I don't want to be obligated to read/review anything.  If I read an awesome book or see a really great movie/TV show, I'll write about what aspects I found so well done.  And if I read something disappointing or problematic I'll also talk about it here also, but in general terms -- not naming names/titles, etc.

On the writing front, I'm still poking at my dragon shifter book. I've been mulling over the heroine's motivations. At first she was mostly powered by revenge/guilt, but that feels a little too easy. I'd rather peel back a few layers to get to the anger/guilt before getting her to move beyond that. Also, I have the fae in book. But it's my concept of the fae,-- which is admitted a bit fuzzy on what is the accepted cannon of fairies because I haven't read a lot of books with fae (or dragons for that matter), so there's a little voice in the back of my head saying I should bone-up on this, that my world-building will be all the richer for using and interweaving the *accepted* tenets of /dragons, and yet, I just want to do my own world-building.  *shrug*

Aside from the dragon book,  I've been meaning to do the short-story follow up to The Werewolf Who Stole Christmas with Jack Frost as the hero. It's kinda cutting it too close to get it out for this Xmas season, considering the book isn't even written but I may take a stab or 2 at it.

That's all I got for now.
Jaye
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

2008 Vanessa Jaye | All Rights Reserved | Design by Katrina Glover | Back to top

You are visitor number:

web stats